Feb. 2021 – Our copyeditor opening has been filled. If you would like to be submit an application to be considered for overflow work or subsequent openings, follow the instructions below to do so and we will contact you with any needs that arise. Otherwise, we will keep your application on file for up to one year.
Freelance Copyeditor (Remote)
- Verifiable freelance or professional copyediting/proofreading experience and skill
- Meticulous editing skill and attention to detail
- Expertise with style manuals, such as CMOS, AP and APA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Exceptional communication skills / ability to maintain open lines of communication
- Positive, professional, team-oriented attitude
- Experience with preparing quotes and proposals, developing style sheets, invoicing, and proofreading on PDFs are a plus
WordWiser Ink is an equal opportunity employer. Notice: While we do not reject applicants who are non-BIPOC, WordWiser Ink is a Black-owned company of editorial professionals recruited and retained by clientele who are actively seeking to hire Black editors. We cater to clients that need or prefer Black editors for their projects for reasons that are solely their prerogative. Consequently, we are not often likely to have projects to offer professionals who are non-BIPOC.