Feb. 2021 – Our copyeditor opening has been filled. If you would like to be submit an application to be considered for overflow work or subsequent openings, follow the instructions below to do so and we will contact you with any needs that arise. Otherwise, we will keep your application on file for up to one year.
Freelance Copyeditor (Remote)
WordWiser Ink is a boutique copyediting and proofreading firm dedicated to high-quality polishing of content for a wide variety of clients. We work with digital content, corporate and government reports, legal and medical documents, and fiction and nonfiction manuscripts of all lengths.
If you are a skilled copyeditor (or proofreader) with the following qualifications, see below.
Qualifications we look for:
- Verifiable freelance or professional copyediting/proofreading experience and skill
- Meticulous editing skill and attention to detail
- Expertise with style manuals, such as CMOS, AP and APA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Exceptional communication skills / ability to maintain open lines of communication
- Positive, professional, team-oriented attitude
- Experience with preparing quotes and proposals, developing style sheets, invoicing, and proofreading on PDFs are a plus
All applicants must successfully pass our editing test.
Pay: Pay depends on the client and project.
To apply, submit an editing-specific résumé (no need to include unrelated jobs as we do not care about gaps in employment), a cover letter, and any editing samples (or links). If you do not have samples, please indicate and we will send you our test. Otherwise, we will assume you don’t follow directions. Be sure to include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Email to jobs (at) wordwiserink.com. U.S. citizens only.