Editors & Proofreaders
WordWiser Ink occasionally receives more requests for work than we can handle during a certain time period. We seek to build our network of reliable professionals and develop reciprocal, mutually beneficial relationships.
If you are a skilled editor (or proofreader) and you need occasional work, contact us.
When hiring editors and/or writers, we typically look for:
- Verifiable freelance or professional editing/proofreading experience
- A degree in English or other writing-intensive or research-based discipline
- Expertise in various documentation styles, such as CMOS and AP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Exceptional communication skills / ability to maintain open lines of communication
- Positive, professional attitude
If you do not have extensive editing experience, you may take one of our quizzes.
Administrative Assistant (part-time/remote)
Assistant needed to produce newsletters, manage emails, and perform other light admin tasks. Work can be performed on your own schedule as long as completed by deadlines assigned, usually within 24 hours. No set hours required. Exceptional writing and proofreading skills required. Must be a responsive, professional, organized go-getter capable of following directions. Excellent opportunity for aspiring editor, writer, or entrepreneur to be mentored by veteran industry leader and business owner.
Less than 15 hours per month. Rate: $12/hour during 60-day trial period; performance review with salary increase at end of trial period.
To apply, send résumé and a cover letter to jobs [at] wordwiserink.com. U.S. citizens only.