WordWiser Ink is an editorial company of BIPOC editors. We accept applications on an ongoing basis as we are actively looking to expand our team of experienced BIPOC editors for remote work. If you would like to submit an application for our editor pool, the requirements are outlined below.
Freelance Copyeditor (Remote)
WordWiser Ink is dedicated to high-quality polishing of content for a wide variety of clients across multiple industries. We also work heavily with fiction and nonfiction manuscripts of all lengths.
Qualifications we look for:
- Verifiable freelance or professional copyediting/proofreading experience and skill
- Meticulous editing skill and attention to detail
- Expertise with style manuals, such as CMOS, AP and APA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Exceptional communication skills / ability to maintain open lines of communication
- Positive, professional, team-oriented attitude
- Native English speaker/writer
- Innate knowledge of cultural dialects and vernaculars is a plus
- Experience with preparing quotes and proposals, developing style sheets, invoicing, and proofreading on PDFs are required.
We are looking to expand our services to include line editing, sensitivity reading, and beta reading. Interested BIPOC line editors should complete the application below to apply. Sensitivity readers and beta readers should send a letter of interest via our contact form.
All applicants must successfully pass our editing test.
Note: WordWiser Ink is a Black-owned company of editorial professionals recruited and retained by clientele who are actively and specifically seeking to hire Black editors. Consequently, we are not often likely to have projects to offer professionals who are non-BIPOC.
Pay: Pay depends on the client and project. Review our rates via the navigation menu in the footer below for general ranges.
To apply, complete the form below.