WordWiser Ink accepts applications for editors on an ongoing basis.
Freelance Copyeditor (Remote)
WordWiser Ink is a boutique copyediting and proofreading firm dedicated to high-quality polishing of content for a wide variety of clients. We work with digital content, corporate and government reports, and fiction and nonfiction manuscripts of all lengths.
If you are a skilled copyeditor (or proofreader) and native English speaker with the following qualifications, please apply!
Qualifications we look for:
- Verifiable freelance or professional copyediting/proofreading experience and skill
- Meticulous editing skill and attention to detail
- Expertise with style manuals, such as CMOS, AP and APA
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Exceptional communication skills / ability to maintain open lines of communication
- Positive, professional, team-oriented attitude
- Experience with preparing quotes and proposals, developing style sheets, invoicing, and proofreading on PDFs are a plus
All applicants must successfully pass our editing test.
Pay: Pay depends on the client and project. Review our rates via the navigation menu in the footer below for general ranges.
To apply, submit an editing-specific résumé (no need to include unrelated jobs as gaps in employment are irrelevant), a cover letter, a style sheet you’ve created, and a minimum of two (2) editing samples that show your work via Track Changes or comparison. Be sure to include a style sheet. Email to hey (at) wordwiserink.com. U.S. citizens or ex-pats only.
Virtual Assistant (Remote)
WordWiser Ink is accepting applications for an administrative support specialist with exceptional writing, proofreading, and organizational skills; light graphic design skills; and the ability to anticipate and execute what needs to be done based on projects and timelines communicated each week.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to carry out tasks without being reminded or prompted
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to maintain open lines of communication
- Positive, professional, and personable with a team-oriented attitude
- Skilled with using email clients such as Outlook, Mail, Spark, etc.
- Able to use Telegram, Google Sheets, Google Docs, and Clockify
- Skilled with Canva, Canva templates, Snappa, or other easy graphic design tools
- Reliable with excellent references
To apply, submit an admin-specific résumé, a cover letter with salary requirements and portfolio/work samples (or links). Must include graphic design samples. We are not looking for a full-fledged graphic designer—just someone who can add text and elements to create visually appealing, professional-looking graphics using Canva. Be sure to include a link to your LinkedIn profile. Email to hey (at) wordwiserink.com. You may also reach out with any questions you may have before applying. This is a part-time freelance role for U.S. citizens or ex-pats only.
WordWiser Ink is an equal opportunity employer. Notice: While we do not reject applicants who are non-BIPOC, WordWiser Ink is a Black-owned company of editorial professionals recruited and retained by clientele who are actively and specifically seeking to hire Black editors. We cater to clients that need or prefer Black editors for their projects for reasons that are solely their prerogative. Consequently, we are not often likely to have projects to offer professionals who are non-BIPOC.