WordWiser Ink offers two levels of copyediting services for authors of nonfiction and fiction. Both levels involve correcting errors, querying the author about conflicting statements, and preparing a style sheet.
Light copyediting ensures:
- correct and consistent spelling, grammar, punctuation, hyphenation, numerals, capitalization, fonts, and word usage
- accuracy of chapter numbers and cross-references to figures, tables, illustrations and other displayed material
- insertion of or notation of missing words
Medium copyediting involves:
- all tasks for light copyediting
- headings and text reflect parallel structure
- consistency of key terms and thoroughness of indexes
- continuity of plot, setting, and character traits in fiction
- changing of passive voice to active voice (if requested)
- flagging of ambiguous or incorrect statements
Cleanup editing is an add-on service that incorporates the author’s responses to queries. This service may be requested in conjunction with either light or medium copyediting.
Types of Projects
- Personal narratives
- Travel guides
- Stage play scripts
- Novellas & short stories
- Reference guides
Book Cover Editing
Your book cover must quickly capture your audience’s attention with short, succinct, error-free copy about you and your book. Our book cover (or jacket) editing service is available in conjunction with manuscript services and must be ordered with an editing or proofreading project.
choose wordwiser ink
Don't leave embarrassing errors to chance. Make the wise choice and contact us today for a free estimate.